Join Frank and Meredith as they fanboy/girl with Katy Bowman. They discuss topics from Katy’s book Movement Matters.
Those conversations include:
- What is the conventional definition of nature?
- Are we the single unique thing in the universe?
- What is the Katy Bowman definition of nature? It’s all about the discordance of rates for change things these days.
- Find out the round about way that Katy realized that she was part of an ecosystem.
- How do you reconnect with your natural ecosystem? Short story: Transition. But… you could…
Quantify things – Butt to chair ratio, indoor to outdoor time
- Because we can’t see something, we can’t investigate those questions
- We wanted to ask Katy about getting naked in nature. But ended up talking about her experience with cold thermogenesis…
- “When you’re in the river, you’re part of the river for the time that you are in it” ~KBow, 2017
- Think about how a butterfly adapts to its environment – not ready for flight when it’s out of the chrysalis. You are a butterfly 😉
- We’re immobilized by our situation. Or so we perceive.
- Movement is intrinsically linked to what it means to be human, but it’s never really considered…
- Life is dynamic. Movement matters.